Issue of New Passport - General Guidelines
(Time required : In normal course, on the 5th working day from the date of submission of application or on date of delivery as printed in the acknowledgement receipt)
Application for reissue (new booklet) of passport can be submitted if the final validity of the passport is less than one year. An applicant has the option to apply for an ordinary passport booklet of 36 pages (SR 303) or a Jumbo passport booklet of 60 pages (SR 397) of ten-year validity. The applicant should submit the application in person for identification or through authorized representative. Three Recent photographs with white background showing frontal view of full face in civilian clothes taken in a studio (Polaroid photographs and photographs with dark glasses or uniforms are not accepted)
should be submitted along with the application. All the supporting documents in Arabic and in any other languages rather than English and Hindi should be accompanied with typed English translation from authorized translator. Applicants are advised to ensure that their application in the prescribed format is complete in all respects; that all columns are correctly and legibly filled up and no column left blank, unfilled/non responded to or vaguely filled with a dash, tick, etc. All signatures in the application should be with ballpoint pen. It is an offence under the Passports Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities could be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering. The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act. It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time. Those Indian citizens acquiring citizenship/passport of another country should immediately surrender their Indian Passport to the Indian Embassy/Consulate. Requirement of Submission of Passport Applications:
Requirement for Renewal of Passports:
- Original Passport (including subsequent additional booklet/s/passport if any).
- Passport Application Form.
- 3 recent passport-size photographs of 3.5cm x 3.5cm with white background (For further clarifications please go through photo specification).
- Photocopy of Passport and Valid Iqama.
- Normal passport fee SR.303 and for Jumbo passport SR.397.
If passport is renewed after 1 year from the date of expiry, an affidavit and Personal particular form need to be filled and additional fee of SR. 94.00 is payable in addition to normal fee of SR. 303.00.
Important note: The Applicant must be physically present in the Center at the time of seeking passport services is mandatory.
Requirement for Minors:
(Passport to a child who is Minor is issued for 5 years up to attaining 15 years)
- Original Passport (including subsequent additional booklet/s/passport if any)
- Passport Application to be signed by both parents.
- Minor should affix his/her signature or thumb impression (left thumb in case of boy & right thumb in case of girl) in the signature box).
- 3 recent passport-size photographs of 3.5cm x 3.5cm with white background (For further clarifications please go through photo specification)
- Copy of valid Iqama.
- Passport and Iqama copy of parents
- Consent of both parents – Annexure – H
- In case one of the parent is not available to give the consent – Annexure - G
- NOC letter from the parent who is physically not present in KSA at the time of seeking passport services. (for application and collection of passport)
If passport is renewed after 1 year from the date of expiry, an affidavit is to be filled and additional fee of SR. 94.00 is payable in addition to normal fee of SR. 209.00. Important note: The child must be physically present in the Center at the time of seeking passport services along with both the parents. Requirement for New Born Child and Birth Registration:
Every child who is born to Indian parent(s) in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is issued a separate passport. It is not possible to include the child’s name in the passport of mother/father.
The birth of every child born in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Indian parents(s) is required to be registered with the Embassy of India, Riyadh or Consulate General of India, Jeddah depending upon areas of jurisdiction. The birth of a child in Riyadh,Dammam, Jubail, Hofuf, Al Jouf, Buraidah, Qurayat, Hafr-al-Batin, Al Khafji, Wadi-al-Dawaser, Arar, Rafha and nearby areas, in the orthern/eastern provinces of KSA is required to be registered with the Embassy. A Birth ertificate is issued by the Embassy to the child after registering his/her name as an Indian national and a separate Passport is issued to the new born baby.
Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport (BRSP) for new born baby.
- Request for registration of birth of child born abroad under section 4(1) of the Citizenship Act (Form) or on the website http://www.indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ic_form_public.aspx.
- Passport Application Form duly signed by both parents (child’s thumb impression should be affixed in the signature box) – left thumb for male & right thumb for female.
- Annexure H to be signed by both the parents and presence of both the parents or either parent with passports of both the parents at the time of submission of application; OR Annexure G in case of single parent or the other parent not available for reasons mentioned in para III of the Annexure.
- Copy of Birth Registration Certificate issued by Directorate General of Civil Affairs along with its English translation in original.
- Birth Registration Certificate in Original.
- Three recent passport-size photographs of 3.5 cm x 4 cm with white background (For more info, please go to photo specifications).
- Photocopy of both parents’ passports (original to be shown for verification).
- Photocopy of both parents' Iqamas (original to be shown for verification).
- A copy of marriage certificate of the parents.
- At least one of the parents should have spouse's name endorsed in the passport.
- An amount of SR.285/- to be paid.
Note: In case one of the parent happens to be a foreign national, a certificate from the Embassy of the foreign country stating that the child has not been registered as their citizen and not issued any passport, may also be submitted.
Requirement for issue of New Passport in lieu of Lost Passport :( Delivery will be after one month from Embassy)
It may be noted that either parent can submit the application subject to above conditions.
Requirement for Issue of New Passport in lieu of damaged Passport: ( Delivery will be after one month from Embassy)
- Sponsor’s letter with English translation.
- Passport application forms and amount of SR.585/-.
- Lost passport affidavit attested by Embassy of India.
- Photocopy of lost passport and Iqama.
- Personal Particular form in Duplicate
- 5 recent passport-size photographs of 3.5cm x 3.5cm with white background (For further clarifications please go through photo specification).
- Jawazat (Saudi Passport Office)/ Police report along with its English legal translation.
- Jawazat print-out of passport and Iqama along with it’s English legal translation
- Damaged Passport.
- Sponsor’s letter with English translation.
- Passport Application Form with PP form for damage Ppt.
- Photocopy of damaged passport and Copy of Iqama.
- Affidavit form attested by Embassy of India.
- 5 recent passport-size photographs of 3.5cm x 3.5cm with white background (For further clarifications please go through photo specification)
- An amount of SR.585/- as fees.
: For more information regarding any other miscellaneous services please follow www.indianembassy.org.sa
From 1 April 2014 onwards all types of visas would be accepted online only. Paper applications henceforth would be discontinued. Online visa applications could be filled at URL: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/indianvisareg.jsp
and its printout along with applicable fees and required document is to submit to the India Passport and Visa Application Centers in Batha, Umm Al Hammam, Dammam and Al Khobar.
Visa on arrival – details
The name of Tourist Visa on Arrival - enabled with Electronic Travel Authorization (TVOA - ETA) scheme, which was launched on 27 November 2014 has been changed to eTourist Visa scheme (eTV)
with effect from 15.14.2015. A dedicated website has been launched for this purpose. The list of 150 countries is given below, as Annexure - A. The citizens of these 150 countries can apply online for ETA
i.e. Electronic Travel Authority (twice a year, each visit not exceeding 30 days, visa duration non-extendable except in the event of medical emergencies) which shall be granted within 72 hours through e-mail. The applicant is expected to take a print of the ETA received through email
and can travel tQ, India through 9 designated international airports (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram). The eTV
scheme entails capture of biometric data of the visitor on arrival at the airport. Applicants can approach for addressing their difficulties, if any, in connection with applying for ETA on the 24 x 7 helpline telephone number 0091-11-24300666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Annexure – A
List of countries accepted for TVOA - ETA scheme