Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a visa to go to India?
Yes, all foreigners except for nationals of Nepal, Bhutan and
Maldives, need a visa to enter India. With regard to Maldives'
nationals, a visa is required if intended stay in India for longer
than 90 days.
- Can I get a visa to enter India on arrival?
No, you must obtain a visa prior to taking a flight to India.
Visa cannot be obtained on arrival in India and immigration authorities
will not permit any foreigner to enter India without a visa.
- I wish to visit India for tourism. Which visa should I apply
You should apply for a Tourist Visa. .
- I have to go for internship/training in a University/institute/Company
in India for a short period. Which visa should I apply for?
You should apply for an Entry Visa along with a copy of the offer
letter stating the terms of internship. You may also be required
to submit a copy of inter-university student exchange agreement
if the proposed internship is a component of such agreement. You
would be required to submit proof of financial standing to support
your stay in India.
- I will be going to study in India for one semester/trimester
in an IIT/IIM/IISc./Indian University. Which visa should I apply
You should apply for a Student Visa along with an original copy
of the admission letter from the Institute/University confirming
your acceptance as a student. You would also be required to submit
proof of bank guarantee of SAR 7000 /- In the name if Embassy
of India, Riyadh and financial standing to support your stay in
- I applied for a visa for India but I have changed my mind
about going to India. Can I claim a refund of visa fee?
Visa fees are non-refundable once the visa application is accepted
and cannot be refunded even if the visa is refused/not granted.
Service charges are also non-refundable even if the visa is refused/not
- My application and passport have been submitted and it has
been a while, how can I enquire about the status of my application?
You can trace your application on line by visiting our website
www or by calling our helpline.
- How do I know when my passport is ready for collection from
the India Passport & Visa Application Centre?
Please track your passport either by logging on the website or
you can even call our helpline number (01)to check the status
of your passport.
- Can I collect my passport from the Consulate General of
No. The passport has to be collected from the place where the
application was made.
- Do I have to submit my passport and visa application with
the India Visa Application Centre only?
Yes, However Diplomats and officials of foreign diplomatic Mission,
UN and other international organization personnel who are eligible
for Visa on "Gratis" basis must submit their visa application
directly to the Embassy of India, Riyadh.
- How do I pay for the visa charges and service charges?
Visa fee and services charges need to be paid in cash at the Indian
Passport/Visa Application Center, Riyadh in person.
- Is a Temporary Resident with less then 1 year stay considered
a Non-Resident for purpose of issue of visa?
Yes, But the applicant would need to pay additional referral charges
to the tune of SAR 100 and will take 4 working days.
- Where can I find information related to Passport services?
Please click here for information related to passport services